Taken just a little over a year before the destructive fire, the beautiful Notre Dame Cathedral stands around leafless trees on a cloudy day.
Notre Dame Rebuild
May 28, 2024
A man is putting his head down due to over amounts of work.
Student Burnout
May 24, 2024

Can the Captain of the Varsity Basketball Team Win back to back MVPs?

Amber Jones
Jones listens intently to his coach. After a tough game, he came out successful with a 42-37 win. Jones scored 33 points and led the team to the victory

Chris Jones is a basketball player who is a junior making his return to the Cal Lutheran tournament November 19 r. Last year he led his team to a championship and won himself an MVP award by leading the team in scoring vs Cal Lutheran. He is returning and looking better than ever ready to take on whoever is in front of him.

I asked Jones if he felt any pressure as the returning champs he said “ No there’s no pressure, we know how good we are and what we can do.” Not only is Chris a great athlete, he is also a great student always holding above a 3.3 GPA. He’s also always on time, never in any trouble. “ It’s not hard i’ve been a student athlete my whole life and I am responsible enough to be a good student and good athlete.” This is what chris responded with when we asked if it was hard being an athlete and a student

What truly sets Jones apart is his leadership skills. He is the driving force behind his team’s strength and bond. Jones is an exceptional communicator, always ensuring that his teammates are on the same page, both on and off the court. He has a sense of brotherhood among his fellow teammates , inspiring them to work together towards a common goal. We asked Austyn Hopkins a teamate of Chris how he felt about Jones’s leadership skills.,” Chris is an amazing leader it doesn’t matter the time, the score, or the atmosphere he is always giving 110 percent.”

Jones takes a good jump shot during a travel game. Jones went on to win this game scoring 18 points. (Christoffer Jones Sr)

Jones understands that leadership is not just about personal success, but about elevating the entire team. He constantly encourages his teammates, celebrates their achievements, and provides support during their setbacks. He’s the first to arrive at practice and the last to leave, demonstrating his unwavering commitment to the team’s success.

In conclusion Chris is not just a high school basketball captain, he is an embodiment of leadership, dedication, and sportsmanship. His skills on the court, his commitment to his teammates, and his impact on the community all make him a standout student-athlete and an individual with a bright future ahead.