The NBA playoffs: Who’s Going to the Finals?

Unknown
NBA playoff logo

The NBA playoffs are one of the most exciting times in sports, the first round has just started and it all leads to one thing: The Finals. But who is making it all the way? According to Fox Sports, The Boston Celtics have the highest odds at the championship. The playoffs are held at the home team’s stadium. For example, if there was a home game for the Celtics they would play at their stadium. Playoff times are usually held from 3:30 to 7:00.

But how did the Celtics do in the regular season compared to everyone else? The Celtics did have the best record winning 64 games and losing 18. The Celtics are so great because of their stars. Starting with Jason Tatum is one of the most important pieces to the team, averaging 26.9 points, 8.1 rebounds, and 4.9 assists, and plays the forward position. Another important player to the Celtics is Jaylen Brown, averaging 23 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 3.6 assists and also playing forward.

But are the Celtics going to win? Last year, the Denver Nuggets won the championship and this year they have the same roster, so will they win the championship this year? One of the biggest challenges for the Nuggets could be the Celtics because they lost to them both times in the regular season. One thing that could lead them to the win is keeping their momentum through all rounds of the playoffs and blowing through every team like they did with the Lakers.

The Nuggets beat the Celtics both times they played each other, the first one was 115-109 and the second was 102-100.

Lakers players LeBron James and Anthony Davis are trying to make a final push for another ring, as they play the Nuggets in the first round of the playoffs, unfortunately, the Lakers lost 4-1 to the Nuggets, to win a playoff round a team needs to win four games. One of the biggest threats for the lakers during the series was Jamal Murray, hitting two game winners and averaging 24.9 points in the playoffs. Another thing that helped the Nuggets win was Nikole Jokic, averaging 28.2 points and 16.2 rebounds, making him essential for crashing the boards.

It’s hard to say who will win the finals from here, but the Celtics have a strong chance.

Bleacher Report predicts that the Nuggets will win in seven games again against the Celtics in the Finals. The key matchup is Nikola Jokic(center) and Jason Tatum(power forward).

“We’re still down 3-1 so each game will be its challenge, we took care of business tonight to extend the series, but we gotta be even better the next game,” James said after beating the Nuggets.

A basketball about to fall into the net as someone had just shot it before.

The Nuggets have the highest probability of taking the championship again, one of the only teams that could stop them is the Celtics having some of the best scoring in the league. The Minnesota Timberwolves are currently the best defensive team and only beat the Celtics once in the regular season.