NBA 2024 draft combine review

Bronny+James+looking+down+the+court%2C+examining+his+potions.+This+was+during+the+Memorial+Day+Weekend+classic+tournament.+
Unknown
Bronny James looking down the court, examining his potions. This was during the Memorial Day Weekend classic tournament.

The NBA 2024 draft combine has just finished and here’s what happened, starting with Bronny James.

James was playing for the USC Trojans this past spring averaging 4.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 2.1 assists. Not the best stats for a D1 player, but it was only his freshman season. He still had three more years of college eligibility but decided to declare for the draft this year.

The combine started with the max vertical jump, in which James got a staggering 40.5-inch vertical. Next was the spot-up threes, in which James shot 16/25, which is 64%, amazing for the average NBA player.

Next was movement shooting, in which James shot an amazing 19/25, 76% from three which is mind-blowing. To cap off the shooting drills, he did side-mid-side which is where players run all around the perimeter and catch and shoot. He showed an amazing 17/22, 77% from the line which was 2nd in the whole draft class.

(first picture)

Next was another star, Alex Sarr. His max verticle was 37 inches and he stands at 7’1. He is the projected number-one pick in the 2024 NBA draft. Sarr averaged 9.4 points, 0.9 assists, and 4.3 rebounds, and with his defensive efforts, he averaged 1.5 blocks and 0.5 steals per game.

The draft combine is always exciting and this year, over 120 prospects are being evaluated, each having their unique skill. There are only 60 picks in the draft with the Atlanta Hawks getting the first one.

One more star was Trentyn Flowers, who averaged 5.2 points, 0.4 assists, and 2.9 rebounds per game in his recent overseas season. He is a 6’9 210 210-pound forward from Louisville College. He later moved to the NBL (National Basketball Association) because he said he wanted to play like LaMelo Ball or Josh Giddey.

“Louisville was my dream college. But I feel like signing in the NBL gives me the best chance to lock in and develop my game. I’m going over there to play point guard, to learn how to run a team and be a player like LaMelo Ball or Josh Giddey. Adelaide is a place for me to lock in and focus on my game” said Flowers.