Remembering Lily Kelly

Lily+Kelly+and+her+mother+Faith+Zember+
Faith Zember
Lily Kelly and her mother Faith Zember

On June 1st, 2019, Lily Kelly, a vibrant 15-year-old tragically lost her life due to a drunk driver. Kelly devoted her life to God, spreading love and joy through her involvement in sports, volunteering, and leading worship at her church, youth group, and children’s ministry. Kelly was truly a blessing to the community and her inspiring spirit lives on through a ministry started by her mom, Faith Zember.
“The day after Lily’s call Home, the Lord spoke to me, ‘Lily’s life is not in vain, her life will be used as a catalyst for a Holy revival. The time is now!”

“Throughout my life, I have experienced God’s faithfulness and I trusted Him. He had always been good and brought goodness out of some of the worst circumstances. And since He had always been trustworthy in the past, I knew I could trust Him now too.” Zember said.

In downtown Murrieta, Zember saw a plot for sale near the grave Kelly laid, and at that moment, God spoke to her. “When God revealed His plans for me and what would later become the Chapel Coffee Campus, it was only one year after Lily’s call home. I was a newly grieved mother and dearly missing my only child.” Zember laments. “ As I began to share the plans with others I was met with much criticism and doubt. The closest to me, in many ways, were the least supportive,” Zember said that one close friend said, “ She’s just replacing motherhood with a project.”

The Chapel at Chapel Coffee Campus

Chapel Coffee Campus then became a beautiful place, a home where you are surrounded by a loving community. Alexie Black speaks on her first experience going to Chapel Coffee,
“I immediately felt welcomed, and the environment of the community inside just felt warm,” Black said.
I was ten when I first heard Lily Kelly’s song, “I Am.” The lyrics of the song and the way it made me feel changed my life. It jump-started my relationship with God and encouraged me to pursue my love of music. God had an amazing plan for her; all she had to do was trust in him.

Chapel Coffee Campus Coffee Shop

Zember went on to say, “I am living testimony that inexpressible joy and deep, painful sorrow can and do coexist. They do it for me. They can help you. All because of Jesus. I could keep the faith when Lily was called home because I already had a real and personal relationship with Jesus, you can too.”