SRA Students Share What Their Favorite Spirit Days Are

Spirit days are fun because it gives students a chance to wear something other than the uniform. It’s also a way for students to show their school spirit.

Monday, 10/30 was “Take a Trip Around the World Drug-Free Tacky Tourist Day” for Red Ribbon Week during October, 23-31. High school students could wear shirts, socks, and accessories.
People in the photo from left to right: Isabella Carcelen, Caris Lopez, Yahaira Perez, and Ellie Cobb.

Santa Rosa Academy has had many spirit days. There have been ones for Red Ribbon Week, Breast Cancer Awareness, Halloween, Christmas, the 100th Day of School, Valentine’s Day, and St. Patrick’s Day. Students have been able to wear different tops and accessories that are related to these days. There has even been a spirit day where you can wear jeans, a flannel, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat, to dress like a cowboy (or a ranger). Several students from SRA share what their favorite spirit days have been as well as some they would like to have in the future.

This was the flyer that was emailed out to students about the Cowboy Spirit Day that was on Friday, October 27th.

April Zavala, a sophomore at SRA shares what her favorite spirit day has been, “My favorite spirit day is dressing as a cowboy because those are the main days that students participate in spirit days, and I like to wear my jeans.”

The most popular spirit days are the ones that let students fully dress out, like the cowboy-themed spirit day.

Zavala later explains a spirit day she would like to have in the future, “I would like to have a dress-up day that includes us being able to wear blue jeans and a non-uniform top. I want more dress-up days because I feel more like myself, more comfortable and happier, in non-uniform clothing.”

A popular favorite is dressing out fully like in a costume or holiday-related clothes. Christmas is a big holiday and it’s a fun season to wear festive sweaters and accessories.

Natalie Flores, a 7th grader at SRA describes what her favorite spirit days have been. She mentions, “My favorite spirit days are when we get to dress out completely and the Christmas ones. I like these because Christmas is very festive and I like getting to wear different bottoms.”

As well as dressing up in costumes, students also enjoy the pep rally themes and school spirit-related days.

On 10/31 was “Boo to Drugs, Wear a Disney/Marvel Costume or T-shirt” spirit day.

Caris Lopez, a junior at SRA describes her favorite Spirit Day, “My favorite Spirit Day was the one where we got to dress in costumes. You got to have fun with a character of your choice, and how even a handful of dressed in onesies.”

Lopez also suggests a spirit day for the future. She puts it this way, “I would like a Spirit Day where everyone can dress as circus characters, such as clowns, acrobats, and ringleaders. Similar to the “Greatest Show” PepRally we had a while ago!”

Another favorite spirit day is when you can match outfits with your friends.

Makayla Penner, a freshman at SRA, shares her favorite spirit days: “My favorite spirit days have been twin days and when we get to wear crazy socks and shoes.”

Penner also mentions a few spirit days she would like to have in the future. She responded, “Some spirit days I want to have our pajama day and dress up like your dream job/career day.”

Overall spirit days are a lot of fun and SRA has had many fun ones throughout the years. With this, students have many different favorite spirit days and various suggestions for future ones.