Match between Granada and Athletic Bilbao

On one tragic day in a match between Granada and Athletic Bilbao, one of the fans in the stands tragically passed away. It was just shortly into the game that one fan suffered from a cardiac arrest in the stands. This shows that tragedy can strike at any moment even when you are having the most fun and are not expecting it. This should show people that they really need to value life more than people do. Most people just go on a day to day basis without thinking that they could die any moment and need to cherish the moments that they are living in. 

On that day, fans from all over came to Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes in Granada to cheer and watch their favorite sports team play. Just while everyone was having fun watching their favorite sports team, the game suddenly stopped. It was soon reported that one of the fans in the stands passed away. Medics tried to save the spectators life on the scene but ultimately couldn’t and the fan sadly passed. Match officials gathered and decided because of this the game was ultimately suspended and postponed in honor of the fan that had passed. All the fans that came to watch their team soon disappeared from the stands and went home.

Safety is a very important topic when it comes to the fans and players of sports events. Sadly enough, there was nothing to prevent this from happening because cardiac arrests can happen at any moment to anyone without warning. You could also have a heart defect that can cause higher chance to go into cardiac arrest at any moment and just don’t know it.

“It’s scary to think that this could happen to any of us at any moment. I think we need to all focus on our health and the safety of ourselves and the people around us” said Caleb Hykema.

That day was a very sad day for soccer players and fans all around the world that had heard about this or who was impacted by this. This should be a reminder for all of us to value life more than we do. Everyday people should wake up thankful that they are still here and breathing.