Bronny James Suffers Cardiac Arrest

Committed and professional athletes are constantly doing hard physical activity. Their heart is undergoing constant stress from all of this activity. This could range from playing basketball on the court, doing exercises, or in this case in the weight room. Bronny James, a former high school basketball athlete, now playing in college, was in the weight room training to get stronger for his basketball career when suddenly he collapsed. ¨On July 24, 18-year-old USC freshman guard Bronny James — the son of Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James — suffered cardiac arrest during a workout at USC¨ (ESPN).

Bronny James is widely known for his amazing talent on the basketball court, but also for being Lebron James son. Bronny James suffered from cardiac arrest while in the weight room one day. This was a very scary experience for his family and friends all around him. This could have easily ended up a lot worse than it actually was. This was especially scary because he is only 18. “When I heard about the news that Bronny James went into cardiac arrest I was scared because I didn’t know how serious it was and he has so much potential in life.”

James had some type of heart defect that made it a lot more common for cardiac arrest to happen it could still happen at anytime. In fact, James did not even know that he had this heart defect. This should influence athletes or anyone to get checked up regularly and make sure nothing is wrong with them so they can prevent something like this or even worse. 

Professional or even college and competitive high school teams should do these check ups regularly on their players. Considering how much stress their heart is undergoing with all of their intense training and workouts, this could happen to any athlete at anytime. Not only that, even if you are not an athlete this could happen to you too. 

James is now thankfully healthy and well. This was very scary for everyone who knew him, loved ones, friends, or jsut people who knew him for his popularity. Everyone knew how much potential he had and that he would be in the NBA very soon so this was one of the least things that people wanted to hear. He is now in college and just recently had his very first game back and is doing well.