The Rise to Fame: Tommy DeVito’s Journey to Stardom

Tommy Devito smiles after his first NFL Game. He had an amazing game with 227 yards and 2 touchdowns.
James Mills

In the very competitive NFL, underdog stories are a common theme. But one that really caught the heart of fans is Tommy Devito. From his early days playing to the big stage of the NFL, Devito’s rise is a showing to all the underdogs out there that they can make it.

Born on October 12, 1997, in Cedar Grove, New Jersey, Tommy Devito’s love for football began to grow during his middle school years. Devito’s natural athleticism and determination set him apart. His football career began when he started playing in local youth leagues, where his skills quickly caught attention of coaches and spectators.

Devito’s dominance on the field continued to shine during his high school years at Don Bosco Preparatory School in Ramsey, New Jersey. As the starting quarterback, he led the team to multiple championships, showing off his powerful arm as well as his mind for the game. Devito’s exceptional skills and leadership qualities laid the foundation for him to grow beyond the high school level.

Tommy Devito’s path to NFL stardom took a crucial turn when he committed to play college football at the Syracuse University. As the starting quarterback, Devito’s impact was immediate. His ability to read defenses, make precise throws, and navigate pressure situations earned him accolades and lots of admiration from fans.

”When I first saw him play I knew he was the real deal.” said fan Austyn Hopkins. Although Devito had a great college career it didn’t pan out to well on draft night.

Devito went completely un-drafted on draft night. He had to work extremely hard during the off season to keep his body in shape in case a team called. Devito finally got the call half-way through the 2023 season. The Giants had injured Quarterbacks throughout their system and had no choice but to hire Devito.

Devito quickly rose to fame by playing amazing and leading the Giants to multiple wins. As a rookie, Devito still has so much potential and room to grow. From the fields of Cedar Grove to the bright Lights of the NFL, Tommy Devito is a great reminder that no matter how little your chances are you can still succeed. A perfect underdog story.