TCG Club

Liam Brisson
This is the TCG Club members together taking a group picture. “I came here for pictures and am now I can’t stop coming” Liam Brisson.

It is not a myth that playing card games requires intelligence. They require skill and strategy. Card games enhance your critical thinking, and can even improve your ability to solve math problems. At SRA, there is a club that revolves around card games, hosted by Mr. Miguel Sanchez, called the Trading Card Game Club, or TCG Club.

Most clubs are focused on socializing and obscure interests. TCG Club challenges intellect while also giving someone the opportunity to make friends. TCG Club has games like Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, Disney Lorcana, and more!

Although TCG Club sounds very interesting now, there are most likely doubts from students looking to keep their social status. Nevertheless, you may be surprised.

Diego Campos is playing Magic The Gathering against Mr. Sanchez. In the background we have other students playing pokemon.

One member of the TCG Club is freshman Liam Brisson. In the beginning, he did not want to join any clubs: “I originally came to TCG Club to take pictures [for the yearbook] and I had a friend there, but after that, [I just] kept on coming back”. Liam’s reasoning for staying is the club is a great way to “learn new games” and is “pretty unique”. He also states that “the [free] pizza might have been a contributing factor as well”.

Co-founder of TCG Club, Noah Smith, describes that “you can play to have fun or competitively. TCG Club is a place where you can play your favorite trading card game… with people with common interests”.

TCG Club is a great place to enjoy after-school activities. Many students enjoy the activities and games they provide. Go check out TCG Club and enjoy what SRA provides for us.