Cowboys take the big win on Sunday night football against the Giants

The Giants try to find a way to avoid a huge loss. The Cowboys defense pushed through to get the safety on Tommy DeVito.
Callena Williams
The Giants try to find a way to avoid a huge loss. The Cowboys’ defense pushed through to get the safety on Tommy DeVito.

The Dallas Cowboys dominated on Sunday night football playing the New York Giants. The Cowboys team had just lost a tough game to the Philadelphia Eagles. This team had the loss pushing them to do better in the next game. This team fought hard during the game.

“Our offense verse their defense, schematically they do a lot. It’s a challenge.” says Mike McCarthy, coach.

The Cowboy’s offense got a total of 600 yards during the game. Cowboys Quarterback Dak Prescott threw to wide receiver CeeDee Lamb and made a one-handed catch for good yardage on the play. Then, during the second quarter, second and goal, Prescott threw the ball to the tight end, Jake Ferguson for the second touchdown of the game. Again in the second quarter, the ball was thrown in the direction of Brandon Cook, wide receiver, and the catch was made for another touchdown. Another touchdown was made when Prescott realized that no one was open and ran it in. The Cowboys defense was great at stopping the Giant’s offense.

“Obviously, with the game plan and some of the things they were going through, it was important for us to get out there and be aggressive and jump on the. I think it was a part of the first drive, just being aggressive. I thought our defense did a great job taking advantage of the backed-up field position” said McCarthy.

The Giants were backed up at about the one — a throw was made to the far side of the field and was stopped by the defense which gave the ball to the Cowboys. In the second quarter, Neville Gallimore, defensive tackle, got through the offensive line and sacked Tommy DeVito, the quarterback for the Giants. The Cowyboys defense applied the pressure on the quarterback and made him fall near the line of scrimmage.

“We’re hitting our stride. This past month, as you can tell, we’ve been on a roll. We just have to keep it going. Stay consistent. Stay true. Be us and let the rest fall in line have nice drive.” said Lamb.

“We’re playing to our standard; we’re not playing to whoever our competition is. Just keeping the mission in perspective for us is what we’re trying to do. At the end of the day, we want to go to a super bowl and it starts with going 1-0 every single week. Regardless of who the opponent is or what they’re going through, that’s just something we do a good job of harping on.” said Tyler Smith, Cowboys offensive lineman.