Inside Scoop on Volleyball’s Successful Season

Amanda Henry
Santa Rosa plays rival CMI in a close league game. Santa Rosa won in three sets.

In the world of high school sports, a few teams shine with determination, teamwork and excellence. This team’s success is not just about the victories on the court but a testament to the power of dedication, commitment, and hard work.

The journey of the SRA Varsity Girls Volleyball team started with a coach who believed in in there athletic ability and character. Coach Michael Mays saw potential in his players and wanted to not only give them the skills they needed for volleyball but also teach them the values of discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork.

The pinnacle of their journey was getting to round three of CIF playoffs.Their victory was a testament to the grit, unity, and determination they had cultivated. Each game in their season was a showcase of their growth.

Their victories were a win not only for them but also for the entire school and the community. Aubrey Prior stated,” Our volleyball season was full of so many achievements and so many great memories. This was first season our girls’ volleyball team has made CIF since maybe 2018. We made it through the Wildcard round and to 2nd Round CIF after beating the number one team in our whole division. I am truly very proud of these girls who have worked extremely hard every practice and every game. It was a blessing to be a captain to this team, and I can’t wait till next season!”

The story of this successful high school girls’ volleyball team reminds SRA that success is not solely measured in victories but also in the values and character one upholds along the way.

The story of this succesful high school girls’ volleyball team reminds us that success is not solely measured in victories but also in the values and character one upholds along the way.

Coach Mays and his remarkable team of young athletes demonstrated that, with the right mindset and hard work, any dream can be realized. Their journey continues to inspire aspiring athletes and dreamers, showing that the spirit of success can be attained through passion and teamwork.