“Kung Fu Panda 4”: A Review

Kung Fu Panda 4 Movie Poster
Dreamworks
Kung Fu Panda 4 Movie Poster

Kung Fu Panda. Most people have seen the movie at least once in their life and loves the movie. The last Kung Fu Panda movie came out in early 2016, so it’s been a while. However, recently the forth addition to the series was announced and released on March 8th, 2024, and has been met with very excited fans. With recent sequel movies being very disappointing such as Megamind 2, does Kung Fu Panda live up to its legacy?

The movie’s plot is just like previous movies, Po is beginning to learn a new skill while a new enemy threatens their lives. However, this new villain isn’t like the others. The Chameleon can become the main villain from the past or even become Po himself. This introduces a very frightening villain.

The Chameleon, is the latest villain in the Kung Fu Panda series. (Dreamworks)

With the movie just coming out, there are few reviews available, but it starts, with an overall 6.6/10 review from IMDb, 71% Rotten Tomatoes, and 56% Metacritic. Most people loved how the movie could mess with their emotions. According to Sophia Fabian on Google Reviews, the movie was, “funny . . . and also heartfelt . . . I almost cried at a few scenes.” Kung Fu Panda has been known to do this by making hilarious moments with the characters but then making sad scenes such as Po’s backstory.

According to many reviewers online, Kung Fu Panda was a perfect ending to the trilogy, while others state that it’s the worst movie in the series. There were many reasons for this but one of the recurring statements is how the well-known Furious 5 with Tigress, Monkey, Crane, Viper, and Mantis aren’t even in the movie.

There are many mixed reviews about “Kung Fu Panda 4”, but it is up to you to decide how good or bad the movie is.

The Furious Five shown in an earlier movie.