An Overview of The Florida Man Games

Everyone knows about the infamous “Florida men” that do strange, irrational, and dangerous things. So, what happens when an event based on the premise of “The Florida Man” is planned? That’s exactly what will happen on February 24th in Saint Augustine, Florida.

The Florida welcome sign is located in Gadsden County, Florida. Florida is home to the notorious “Florida Men” who are often seen in the news doing the most dangerous and random crimes.

When people hear about an event called “ The Florida Man Games” they most likely will think of people fighting off crocodiles or doing outright dangerous things. The games will not be very dangerous but will still feel very intense.

The event is being hosted by Pete Melfi who plans to make it as close to Florida tradition as possible. Up to around 10,000 people are expected to attend and Dan Clark along with Lori Fetrick from American Gladiator will be judges. The tickets are $49.87 in total for the field ticket while the vip ticket is $156.57 total.

There will be over 18 to be a contestant in the games, five main games and four events listed as “entertainment” that attendees can participate in. The first game will a weaponized pool noodle mud duel that will be followed by a realistic obstacle course where “police officers”, volunteers, will chase down contestants and try to arrest them.

Next up, is a category five storm cash grab which involves participants having to grab as much money as possible under wind forces mimicking a category five storm wind. Then there is a motorcycle race with many copper pipes strapped to the back. The final game is titled “Beer Belly Florida Sumo” where one man must throw the other out of the ring.

Apart from the main games, there are entertainment activities like a mullet contest and “Florida Ma’am Official”. A brand that is based on the classic Pin-up style and Florida culture will host a show that shows off Florida women in pin-up style. A game called “Chicken Coop Bingo” will have to chickens that will play bingo for you. Also planned are live alligators you can take a selfie with, a bbq competition, and culture demonstrations of classic Florida man things.

A showdown between police officers and firefighters will be held to determine which profession is stronger to end the “Florida Man Games”.

An alligator in the Florida Everglades with an open mouth. Live alligators like the one pictured will be at the “Florida Man Games.”

If Sophomore Che Marroquin lived near Saint Augustine, he said “Yea, I would probably go, looks fire.” “The Florida Man Games” overall seems like a good idea to host because it has intense games that are still relatively safe and is well planned out.