Sebastian Rogers: 15 Year Old Boy Missing Since February

On Feb 24, 2024, Sebastion Roger’s parents reported him missing. Soon after, the TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation) issued an endangered child alert. After some more investigating and substantial evidence, they decided to issue an Amber alert.

Hendersonville, NC, USA (James Castle )

Caption: Hendersonville, NC, USA

It’s been a month since Sebastion went missing from his home in Hendersonville. There have been several agencies covering tens of thousands of miles, but still no evidence of him.

“We understand the anxiety and the concern that this case has caused in the community. We, too, share the anxiety and concern for Sebastian. I want to reiterate that we are doing everything we can to find Sebastian and bring him home.” Sumner County Chief Deputy Eric Craddock said during a press conference.

Some glasses were found during the search. However, during a press conference on April 2, they were confirmed to be his.

Fletcher Creek pours in to the small Hendersonville Reservoir at this small cascade. (Jordan Mitchell)

Caption: Fletcher Creek pours into the small Hendersonville Reservoir at this small cascade.

Officials have stated there is no evidence of foul play linked to his disappearance, but they’re still, “not ruling anything out.” The investigation has also led to many search warrants, and digital data analyzed.

TBI Spokesperson Susan Niland said,” Even though there is not that high visibility in investigating this case, we are not done.”

About a week into his disappearance, his parents spoke to the public and his stepfather and mother interviewed with a podcast host. Rodger’s mother, Katie Proudfoot said this to News 2.

“Unfortunately, with no new legitimate leads, our statement remains the same. We are trying to get his face out there to EVERYONE because I think the more people know and search, the better chance we have of finding him. We do appreciate the support from the neighborhood and community. We want to let the community know that we don’t have words to express our gratitude for the support we have received in searching for our son! And we pray that everyone continues to help search and pray that we find him and bring him home safe. The pain of our son’s absence is beyond words. We ask that everyone everywhere remain aware and continue to look for anything that can help us find Sebastian and bring him home!”

Hendersonville Reservoir Road (FS 142) starts behind this gate and make a great easy 2 mile hike or ride out to the reservoir. (Jordan Mitchell)

Caption: Hendersonville Reservoir Road (FS 142) starts behind this gate and makes a great easy 2-mile hike or ride out to the reservoir.
In the US, an estimated 460,000 children are reported missing every year. The FBI says this is only a snapshot of the problem. Let’s hope they find Sebastion, alive and well.