Royal Family Shocker: Princess Kate Reveals Cancer Diagnosis

Princess of Wales, Kate Middleton had not been publicly seen for three months. The sudden disappearance from the public eye had created numerous theories about the Princess’s well-being. Pictured here was her last known public appearance on Christmas Day 2023.

For the last three months, one question has been pondering the minds of many. Where is Kate Middleton? Kate Middleton was last publicly seen on Christmas Day last year. Her unusually long absence from the public eye had created a media frenzy like no other. Many had started speculating what could have happened to the Princess of Wales.

It’s important to note on January 16, 2024, Middleton underwent abdominal surgery at the London Clinic and returned to her family home in Adelaide Cottage on January 29, 2024. After her surgery, a statement from Kensington Palace revealed that the Princess had wished for her private health matters to be undisclosed.

Initial Statement from Kensington Palace regarding the Princess of Wales’s Health.

For two months, this statement from Kensington Palace was the last time the public heard any more updates regarding the Princess and her whereabouts. All the secrecy surrounding her noticeable absence had created a wave of conspiracy theories like no other.

But after months of ongoing speculation and a huge media firestorm that was ignited with the Mother’s Day photoshop controversy earlier this month, it was revealed on March 22nd by the Princess herself that she has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy.

On March 22nd, Princess Kate Middleton announced in this video her diagnosis of cancer.

Princess Kate’s stunning revelation came to the shock of many as billions of people around the world had been speculating for months about the whereabouts of the Princess. There were various ridiculous rumors all ranging from her recovering from a Brazilian butt lift gone wrong, hiding from a bad hairstyle, or avoiding the public due to strains in her marriage.

But all these conspiracy theories look ludicrous and insensitive in retrospect.

In the video, The Princess discusses her choice to keep her diagnosis private initially as she and her husband Prince Willam wanted to find the best way to tell their three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis her diagnosis. She also discusses in the video the timeline of the events that occurred since her last public appearance.

The Princess explained “In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was noncancerous. The surgery was successful,” Middleton said. “However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventive chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.”

The news of her diagnosis shocked the world, especially the United Kingdom where she resides. Many citizens of the UK gathered outside of Kensington Palace to send their well wishes on the evening of March 22nd.

Onlookers send their well wishes to the Princess of Wales near Kensington Palace on the evening of her announcement.

Towards the end of the video, Princess Kate went on to say, “We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space, and privacy while I complete my treatment.”

A resident of the UK, Koyejo Adebowale expressed his shock about the Princess’s diagnosis.
“I feel confused and shocked knowing of the Princess’s cancer.” Adebowale laments. “The fact that the King has it too is troubling for the entire family.”

With this shocking revelation, the initial speculation and jokes about Princess Kate’s
whereabouts have turned to actual real concern from the general public. The Royal Family will now have to endure an uphill battle when it comes to the current health troubles of Princess Kate Middleton.

I wish Princess Kate a speedy and swift recovery.

View Comments (1)