Super Bowl Halftime

The highly anticipated 2024 Super Bowl took place on Sunday, February 11 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This year’s halftime performer, Usher had an incredible performance with the appearance of Alicia Keys, H.E.R., Lil Jon, Ludacris, Will.i.am, and Jermaine.

Super Bowl Halftime Stage (Wikimedia Commons)

Freshman, Jazmine Castrejon particularly enjoyed Alicia Keys’ portion of the performance saying, “It was amazing! All though she did sound a little rough in the beginning with her voice crack.”

Alicia Keys was introduced in a red outfit while playing on a red piano. She started performing her song “If I Ain’t Got You.” People noticed in the beginning that she had a voice crack but she continued to sing and push through the performance. Usher then jumped in and began singing “Boo” The performance was spectacular as the two were singing together. Usher surprised everyone with his performance with his performance and there was so much to take in.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by NFL (@nfl)

J/

Freshman, Zachery Chebat, said, “There was a lot going on but in a good way.”

During the performance, Usher changed into skates. He performed the song “OMG” with Will.i.am. The skate performance was fantastic. This showcased Usher and his dancers’ incredible control. The performance was very early 2000s and had tremendous performers.

Freshman, Natally Villegas, said, “ It was cool that they brought it back to the early 2000s.”

The next song “Turn Down For What” was performed by Lil Jon. That song was only the beginning because next up was “Yeah!” This song was performed by Lil Jon, Ludacris, and Usher. All of the performers put on a show to remember. Alicia Keys’s impressive talents to Usher’s exciting skating skills, all the way down to the very end. If you pay attention, you will also notice that at the very end, the band that surrounded the stage spelled out Usher’s name. This was an outstanding performance done by everyone.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by NFL (@nfl)

The halftime show was a sight to see. The stadium was filled with incredible guests and lots of talent. Usher’s band did a remarkable job of following along with ereverything. The back up dancers also delivered an amazing performance. Overall, the halftime show had a nostalgic feeling. It felt like a trip to the past.