Giants fight hard on Monday against the Packers

The Packers fight for more yards. In return, the Giants are fighting through their offense to stop them from getting ahead.
Evan Siegle

The New York Giants beat the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night during Monday Night Football. The Giants and Packers haven’t always been doing well but both teams found their rhythm during this game. The Giants showed their skills on offense and defense against the Packers. Brian Daboll, head coach for the Giants, was asked about quarterback Tommy Devito’s performance that led the team to success.

“[Devito] made good decisions and took care of the ball. He’s improving still got stuff to work on” said Daboll.

The Giants offense was explosive. There was a handoff to wide receiver Wan’dale Robinson and he got to the five yard line. After, Devito handed the ball to the running back Saquon Barkley for a touchdown to tie the game 7-7. Then, with a Giants on the 1 yard line, Devito handed the ball to Barkley for the second touchdown of the game and for the lead against the Packers. In the 3rd quarter, Devito decided to use his legs and run for a first down.

However, the offense wasn’t the only part of the team showing off their skills. “We are doing a good job of running to the ball, making opportunities when they have opportunities to be made. It’s tied in — front of coverage — it’s tied in well on the interceptions but rallying to the ball, population, and getting hands on the ball, that’s important. So, effort is a lot of it. Again, coverage and front tie together, looks. We need to try to keep doing this, ” said head coach Brian Daboll.

The Giants defense was making big plays and keeping the Packers behind. There was a run by Jordan Love, the Packers quarterback, on 3rd down and the Giants defense shut him down. Then, Jason Pinnock, the safety for the Giants, picked off Love and gave Devito another chance on the field. The Packers were on the Giants 9 yard line when Love got sacked by Kayvon Thibodeaux, linebacker.

“We just keep working, man. It’s a true testament to our DNA, knowing that you can put us anywhere on the field and we’re going to get the job done,” said Thibodeaux.

“I would just say it’s a team game. Everybody’s responsible. Again, it was a tough opponent. We knew they were going to be a good football team, a tough out, a 60-minute game. That’s what most of their games have been. Then to have that swing of events and to be able to stay focused and locked in,” said Daboll.