Ranger Resource Center. What is it?

The+Ranger+Resource+Center+sign+is+in+the+library.+A+new+edition+to+Santa+Rosa+Academy+after+Mrs.+Pasolini+brought+up+the+idea.++
Lisa-Marie Cante
The Ranger Resource Center sign is in the library. A new edition to Santa Rosa Academy after Mrs. Pasolini brought up the idea.

Many students at SRA aren’t aware that there isn’t a resource center on campus. Why should they? It’s not promoted as regularly as any other thing on campus and if it is posted, it’s posted to Parent Square, the one place where students don’t have access unless told by parents or guardians.

As of 2022, Santa Rosa Academy added what is now called the Rangers Resource Center. It’s filled with backpacks, notebooks, headphones, pencils, etc. everything a student would need for that specific day. To be able to access it you need the key from Mrs. Payan or Mrs. Chapman.

According to the librarian, Maria Payan, the resource center is made available for all students of every grade who need materials for that specific day. Last year the resource center gave out tons of jackets and sweaters when raining or students didn’t have a sweater in dress code.

The Ranger Resource Center was created by Andrea Pasolini, the former Director of Communications and Community Relations, and parent-volunteer, Terra Brown. The idea was to provide a place where students would be able to access things that maybe they couldn’t afford or didn’t have the best circumstances, or just for students who may have forgotten school materials and are in need for that day. The resource center consists of parent donations and emails go out for when the resource center is in need.

Items in the Ranger Resource Center. School donations of any kind are always welcomed. (Lisa-Marie Cante)

When Pasolini left the school, Payan took over the responsibility. Payan had nothing but good things to say about the Resource Center and loves the idea of having somewhere filled with accessible resources for the students. She even talked about how much of a loving person Pasolini was and would always think about the students.

To be able to locate the resource center, you have to go to the library locating at the entrance of the school. In the corner, there’s a door with the sign “Ranger Resource Center” and inside is a storage closet filled top to bottom with supplies for all students.

“All school donations are welcomed,” said Payan, the heart of the library.