SRA Soccer vs Nuview Bridge

Jakob Torrealba
Hannah Dominguez shooting on goal in a game against Nuview Bridge. The SRA girl’s soccer team gave their all that game and was able to beat Nuview 4-0.

On Thursday, December 7, 2023, both Santa Rosa Academy soccer teams played league games against Nuview Bridge. Both the girls and boys teams won their games, beating Nuview for the first time in three years.

Then boys team won their game 3-1 and the girls team won their game 4-0. Both teams are incredibly happy and proud of the outcomes of their games and are excited for the rest of their seasons.

Kimmy Sperling, captain of the girls team, said, “I’m very proud of our team because it’s the first year we’ve beaten Nuview and honestly, I’m sad for the rest of the season. I know it’s gonna be easier, Nuview’s always been pretty hard on us and this year they weren’t. so if we beat nuview, we have a good chance to take league.”

Both teams agree that Nuview is the toughest competition for league champions; however, this year both Santa Rosa soccer teams are on track to win league if they keep up their good seasons.

“Nuview is a tough rival, we’ve never beat them in SRA history so it was one of our teams main goals and it was probably our best game, we played as a team and everyone did their part,” a player on the boys team said, “and for how the season will go we definitely got potential to win league and I think we will because we got a really strong team right now and we’ve shown that we can beat all the strong teams in our league.”

The teams are optimistic for the rest of their seasons, as beating Nuview gave both teams a boost of confidence for the rest of league.

When asked her thoughts on their season, Coach Morgan Wood said, “The outcome of the Nuview game, well one I was very excited, we’ve been working for it for two years, this is our third year, and it sets us up for the possibility of winning league, so I was very excited. for the rest of the year I have high hopes because for the first time in my coaching time, we can get a banner and win league.” The teams are excited for the rest of their seasons and the coaches are proud of the team’s growth over the years. The teams get stronger every year and everyone is excited for the future.