SRA’s annual truck or treat sees success

The face painting booth paints kids, teens, and adults what they are wanting to be put onto their face
Melanie Lua

At Santa Rosa Academy, this year’s Halloween event occurred on October 25th. Members of the school community and the Menifee area were able to participate in the spooky event. Two back to back events occurred this year: Trunk and Treat and the annual Fall Festival.

The high school leadership team volunteered to set up vehicles for the event. “I participated during my shift: I ate ice cream and it was pretty fire. Leadership and I dressed up as the Day of the Dead for both the Trunk or Treat and a little at the Fall Festival.” Aubrey Holmquist, Freshman, said.

The Bio-Med Freshman class participated in this festive event. The class had the incredible idea to take a sheep heart to the event to show visitors which part is what and how the sheep heart looks. They also dressed up as crazy scientists to fit the part.

The Fall Festival was packed with carnival games, a petting zoo, face painting, an obstacle course, a costume contest, and more. Both events were packed with students and the community participating with interesting costumes, some even had inflatable costumes on that were quite grand.

Many cars were set up uniquely — one car included bags hanging from the trunk and the owner’s dog was in attendance so people were able to pet the dog. Someone else has a Toy Story trunk with pictures of the characters and the couple dressed up as Woody and Jessie. The Bio-Med trunk included fake bones set up and a fake rat.

When the Fall Festival was also packed. They had more food trucks and a popcorn stand and games, including ballon popping. The Cadet Corp. had set up a bake sale with the money being donated to the Cadets. The group sold chocolate chip cookies, chocolate muffins, rice crispy treats, spicy chips, water, and etc.

The costume contest occurred later in the evening. Natalie Brown, Freshman, said: “When I got to the woodchips I found the bio-med booth and I stayed with the group most of the time and it was fun because we got to freak little kids with the hearts we held.”

View Comments (1)