What’s Up Summer!

Santa Rosa Students Share Their Summer Plans

With less than three weeks of school left, summer is coming quickly! Many people are thinking about what they are doing over the summer. Several high school students share what their summer plans are.

Sophia Vigil, a SRA ninth-grade student, mentions her plans for the summer. She replied, “I’m looking forward to having a break from school and I’ll probably just be hanging out with my family and swimming.”

While hanging out with family and friends, students could also be getting some work experience during the summer.

Bryan Esquivel-Juarez, another ninth-grade student at SRA mentions maybe working with his dad who is a supervisor for construction over the summer. He describes, “I will probably work with my dad, and try to have friends over, then also try to educate and learn more during summer, and work out more every day.”

Berlyn Bee, a sophomore at SRA describes what she’s going to do over the summer. She responded with, “I don’t have any plans over the summer, probably just family stuff.”

Another thing people like to do over the summer is to help volunteer at different places. One of which could be church camps.

Caris Lopez, a junior at SRA, says she plans to volunteer to work at Newberry Springs’ Christian camp called Ironwood. She is excited and looking forward to it.

She describes it more in detail by mentioning, “It’s an amazing community of people, and for four years in a row, I went there as a camper. Now that they’ve accepted me to be a part of their program called LeadershipLive!, I can stay for longer in exchange for working around the place! You get to choose what kind of jobs you’d want to handle, such as kitchen maintenance, hospitality, or outdoor work. I’m choosing to help maintain the kitchen, something that I’m used to doing a lot at home.”

Lopez also shared what other things she is excited about doing. She added, “There’s also other things that I’m excited about, such as meeting old and new friends, going to chapel, and having fun on the weekends with activities like swimming in the lake, hiking, and playing outdoor games! I’m thankful that I get to have this opportunity, and I can’t wait until school year’s over to be able to do it! After all, I get to go just two days after school ends!”

With all of these plans, from hanging out with family to volunteering at a camp for church, there are lots to look forward to this summer. What are you doing for the summer?