Alicia Keys -“Golden Child”

The+song+will+appear+on+a+special+edition+of+%E2%80%98The+Diary+Of+Alicia+Keys%2C%E2%80%99+which+arrives+Dec.+2.+
Jon Powell
The song will appear on a special edition of ‘The Diary Of Alicia Keys,’ which arrives Dec. 2.

Golden Child is the track recording for Alicia Keys’s second album titled, “The Diary of Alicia Keys”. On December 2, 2023, Keys released the 24 track listing which was co-produced by her frequent collaborator Kerry “Krucial” Brothers.

Keys released the song “Golden Child” based on the poem during a low point in her career, even featuring in her book “Tears for Water” in 2005.

On November 2, Keys shared “Golden Child” revealing in an Instagram post how she revives old poem during a past appearance in a concert. Keys expresses her poems and her appeal to her song towards the audience. “When I had my first contract, there was a time where things were very, very shaky and bad,” Keys said explaining a throwback video. “People didn’t quite believe in the music I was doing. I remember going home, and sitting at my piano, and writing this poem because i was trying to tell myself this.”

“The Diary of Alicia Keys”, contained the most important contributions and debuts such as Kanye West, Timbaland, D’wayne Wiggins, and more. “The Diary of Alicia Keys” holds contributors but also hold important songs to her during this time. Such as “Songs in A Minor”, her album became critical and commercial in her success.

In 2003, this album is officially released and debuted on No. 1 on Billboard 200, crossing several certified mark five times, they also included the track listing with “Golden Child”. With being the 17th song in the track, “Golden Child” is noticed. With this, Keys continues to speak her truth and share her past, that resonates in her songs.

Alicia Keys – Golden Child