Journalism Class Most Used Social Media

As a very media based class, Journalism students work to utilize social media to the best of their ability, keeping up with news and promoting their articles for SRA’s News site. I went around the class and asked the students of B1 Journalism what their most used social media app is. Out of the 19 students in our class, 15 of them answered the poll and gave a few opinions about their usage of the apps.

Here are the Top 5 Social Media apps used by your B1 Journalism class from least used to most!

5.
With the least amount of votes, formally known as Twitter, is X. Students claim they use X to view a variety of information and keep up with the latest news swirling around. People on X tend to be the first to know any and all news that is relevant in today’s world.

4.
This video sharing platform, that I’m sure everyone uses just not as much compared to other social media apps, is used to access different online video content. Youtube contains a wide variety of video topics including music, gaming, a good old how to video, vlogging, and so much more.

3.
This platform rose to popularity in late 2019 and has only grown since. I was surprised that this social media platform was not voted the most in a class of High School students. It allows people to create and share 15 seconds to 3 minute long videos about any viral content or trends.

2.
Pinterest is used as a visual discovery engine to find inspiration photos that people use as reference to bring ideas to life. One student in Journalism talked about how it’s one of the only social media she uses and that her parents allow her to use, since the social aspect of the app is not used as much as its personal use.

1.
Last but definitely not least, with the most votes, is Instagram. This social media platform is used to stay connected with friends and family, while also sharing and finding the best photos/videos. Instagram recently introduced Instagram Reels, which allows people to endlessly scroll through 30 second videos, like Tik Tok. The introduction of reels has significantly boosted the amount of screen time used for Instagram.

Make sure to follow Journalism’s instagram, SRA Press, to hear about our latest articles!