Christmas Light Wars: Warm vs. White

rawpixel.com
Which do you prefer? A traditional, warm Christmas or a modern, white Christmas?

As Christmas approaches, we think to ourselves, what better way to start off this holly jolly season than a good old debate about Christmas? One of the most common debates around the holiday is the fake vs. real tree. In a close second we have the warm white vs. cool white Christmas light debate.

Now the differences between the two lights does not stop at what color they are, as that’s fairly obvious. One gives off a warm yellowish hue while the other gives off a cold blueish hue. The majority of the arguing begins with the vibe that the colored lights and the decorations surrounding the sort give off.

SRA Senior and lover of all things Christmas, Trinity Horak talks about her thoughts as a warm lights advocate.
“I think that white lights are just such an odd and different decoration style for Christmas. I am not a fan of white lights, they are very odd especially where we live” said Trinity Horak. “These lights look like someone is trying to give the magical touch of having snow and a “White Christmas” when we don’t get snow. The warm lights have more of a mellow and calming Christmas vibe while white lights are very bright and nontraditional for Christmas lights. It is a traditional Christmas era, not a modern era anymore.”

When asked about the warm vs. white debate, another SRA students shared their opinion saying, “Every year, our house decorates using the white icicle lights. It makes the house look cold, yet bright and more like winter. I know a lot of people enjoy the comfort you get from the warmer lights, but I prefer feeling like I’m genuinely in the snow during the winter time. The cold chills I get from it makes it feel like its winter.”

In the end, it all comes down to your personal preference. So what do you think? Do you prefer a traditional, warm Christmas or a modern, white Christmas?