COLLEGROVE – 2Lil Wayne & 2Chains

Dogli Wilberforce
COLLEGROVE Album Release Party Hosted by Wayne + 2Chains

October 20, 2023 was the release date of the album COLLEGROVE. This album included many songs such as “Smell Like Money”, “Bentley Truck”, in a recently released 12 track listing. COLLEGROVE is the third studio album produced by 2Chains, which features 2LilWayne. Originally, COLLEGROVE was released on March 4, 2016, but due to record label issues the sequel of COLLEGROVE released on November 17’th 2023. 2 Lil Wayne and 2 Chains were working timelessly on the release of this album, but due to complications previously, only 2 Chains was credited.

“Welcome 2 COLLEGROVE” has produced popularity for the duet. With their history, 2 Lil Wayne and 2 Chains are very well acquainted and going back a decade. This amazing duo continues to show charisma and personality through their songs. Featuring artists such as 21 Savage, Usher, Fabolous, Benny The Butcher, Vory, Rick Ross, and Marsha Ambrosius towards their shows, increasing their popularity; though not everyone can say the same.

Receiving mostly positive feedback and reviews towards the sequel, of course there are some exceptions. The site RhymeJUNKIE is a perfect presentation of the review count, basically split in half; some approving of the music and others preferring the album as quite disappointing. “ColleGrove 2 is a triumphant return for Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz, who deliver a thrilling and hilarious ride through their respective worlds. The album is full of witty wordplay, catchy hooks, and hard-hitting beats that showcase their versatility and charisma. ColleGrove 2 is a testament to their friendship and mutual respect, as well as their undeniable talent and influence in the rap game.” rating: 8.5/10, by HipHopDX.

“Pitchfork” exclaims, “ColleGrove 2 is a disappointing follow-up to the promising first installment, which showed the potential of Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz as a dynamic duo. The album suffers from a lack of direction, coherence, and innovation, as the rappers recycle old themes, jokes, and flows. ColleGrove 2 feels like a cash grab rather than a passion project, and fails to live up to the expectations of their fans and peers. Rating: 5.2/10 ” and another “ColleGrove 2 is a mixed bag of hits and misses, as Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz try to recapture the magic of their previous collaboration. The album has some highlights, such as the lead single ‘Money Maker’, which samples Guy’s ‘Piece of My Love’, and the introspective ‘Letter to My Son’, which features a guest verse from Drake. However, the album also has some low points, such as the generic trap bangers ‘Big Bag’ and ‘No Cap’, and the cringeworthy skits ‘Weezy’s PSA’ and ‘Tity Boi’s Advice’. ColleGrove 2 is a fun but forgettable listen that does not add much to the legacy of Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz.” – rating: 3/5 by “Rolling Stone.”

‘“Welcome 2 Collegrove is a testament to Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz’s longevity and legacy in the rap game. The album showcases their undeniable chemistry, their sharp lyricism, and their diverse musical influences. The album is a treat for fans of both rappers, as well as for hip-hop lovers in general,”’ quoted by RhymeJUNKIE; as well as quoting PitchFork, HipHopDX, and Rolling Stone on the website : “https://rhymejunkie.com/posts/lil-wayne-and-2-chainz-deliver-a-fiery-sequel-with-welcome-2-collegrove-01hfgxxh4eyz.” Evenly split with reviews on the sequel, this duo will continue to publish music together.