Mental Health: Mindset is Everything

Pix4Free.org
A positive mindset is so important because it improves the quality of life. Not only that, but it makes our experiences and our daily activities much more enjoyable.

Our mindset affects us more than we know. The way we set our beliefs, views, and most importantly our attitude. While going through life it is vitally important to choose positivity as much as possible. In life, there’s often a lack of control, as we are all one singular person there’s only so much we can control. However, something we will always have control over is our attitude and our mindset.

A positive mindset is so important because it improves the quality of life. Not only that, but it makes our experiences and our daily activities much more enjoyable. Going into our day thinking “Today is gonna be…” has a far bigger impact than we may realize. The moment we wake up we often let our mood guide our day, whether that’s positively or negatively, WE CHOOSE.

We have the power to decide the outlook we take on things. The way we handle negative things can be improved with a positive mindset. This plays into mental health because our mindset contributes to the way we process our feelings and the way we handle situations around us.

Of course, there will always be things we go through that are uncontrollable on the roller coaster of life we are all on. We don’t get to choose that. Stress, loss, sadness, and self-doubt, are all negative emotions we all have and experience but the key is how we go about them. This plays into our daily lives in the school environment.

“A growth mindset has been linked to a range of benefits for students, including improved mental health, decreased stress, and improved academic achievement. Growth-minded individuals tend to view mistakes as opportunities to learn and improve.”
https://www.psychiatry.org/news-room/apa-blogs/can-mindset-training-reduce-student-stress#:~:text=A%20growth%20mindset%20has%20been,opportunities%20to%20learn%20and%20improve.

To have a positive mindset we have to actively practice it. This can look like positive self-talk and practicing mindfulness. This consists of taking time out of each day to find positivity. Whether that’s doing exercise and getting active or getting creative, there are so many things that can be beneficial to our mindset in all of our individual lives.