Thankfulness at SRA

PxHere
PxHere

With Thanksgiving on its way quickly, many are thinking of what they’re thankful for as well as what they’re looking forward to over the Thanksgiving week. Three people from Santa Rosa Academy shared what three things they are most thankful for and what they’re excited for, for their week off.

Since it’s the first week off of school this year, staff, students, and families are excited because they get to have a break from their usual routine. They also have more time to hang out with their families and friends.

Thanksgiving is coming quickly! Lots of people will celebrate with turkey. (Rawpixel)

“I am most thankful for my family, my health and being able to do what I love, which is teaching students!”

— Ms. Jannelly Herrera

High school art teacher, Ms. Herrera shares what she’s grateful for. She says, “I am most thankful for my family, my health and being able to do what I love, which is teaching students! Why, because I realize that there are people that are less fortunate that may not have had all of the same support systems and opportunities that I have had.” She also mentions what she’s looking forward to. She replied, “I am super excited to be able to celebrate with family and I am also super excited to celebrate my birthday over the break. Why, because I love the holidays, it gives us an opportunity to be able to reflect on life and focus our energy on positive things.” Ms. Herrera has a positive view and is excited for the Thanksgiving season.

Both teachers and students have a lot to be thankful for.

Ninth grade student, Luca Caligiuri describes, “I am thankful for my family, friends, and my dog because they like to hang out with me and help me through hard times.” He later mentions that he’s excited to have a break from school because he needs a break from stress which he doesn’t like too much.

One thing Luca Caligiuri is thankful for is his dog, Biscuit. He says his dog looks like this one but is more white and has a light brown color by the nose that looks like a mustache. (Unknown)

Robert Cossio, ninth grade student, also shared what he’s thankful for. Cossio responded with, “I am thankful for my family, friends, and last but not least my school because it gives me a good education. I am looking forward to going to my dad’s house in San Diego because I get to be with my dad and I’m gonna see my Tia for Thanksgiving.” What he’s most eager for during the break is spending time with his family during the holiday.

During the Thanksgiving season, pumpkins and turkeys are very common and represent the fall season. (Yesterdays-Paper)

Lots of people are grateful for their family, friends, as well as school. Also with the different responses, staff and students sound excited for fall break. What are you thankful for or looking forward to during Thanksgiving week?