Is Kanye West New Album Really Coming Out?

Kanye West’s new album was supposed to drop in December of 2023. Now, it is January 24, 2024 and we have yet to see this new album.  Kanye’s new album has been shrouded in mystery because of his track record leaving many fans wondering if it is ever going to be released. 

Kanye is singing his heart out in the picture (Flickr)

Kanye has a history of delaying releases, abruptly changing some of his tracks, and straight up canceling his albums last minute. With this track record of last-minute altercations and unexpected drops, it is hard to predict a release date for his albums; it becomes an exercise. Albums such as “Yandhi”, which was supposed to drop in 2018, had leaks of some of the songs and it was supposed to be complete but, in the end, Kanye never released it.

This history gives reasons why fans believe this album might not be dropping on its supposed release date of February 9th or even be released at all. 

When asked if Kanye will ever drop the album, Sophomore Caleb Stecker said “No, Kanye will milk this forever.”

Kanye in this photo was in the watch the throne tour (Flickr)

There are so many more reasons that this album might not be released including Kanye’s personal life. Kanye West’s life in the last few years has been filled with controversies, high-profile events, and personal challenges that could impact the release of “Vultures.” His talk of his radical views that he has publicly revealed lately might affect how he can get his album out. Most companies don’t want to be associated with Kanye so it has made it hard for him to find someone to distribute his album and the merch.

All of this combined with West’s ongoing battle with mental health and his public divorce with Kim Kardashian could hurt his ability to make music and divert his attention from the album to the goings on in his life. This is probably why the album rollout has been so unpredictable so far.

Kanye is in a tour press with a fellow man (wikimeida commons)

The album might never come out but there still might be some hope that it will. On a recent Instagram story, West confirmed that February 9th is the release date for the album. Despite deleting all posts from his profile, he has been more active on Instagram stories than ever before, potential evidence that the album is coming. He has also been live on Instagram showing fans glimpses of him making the album. West has also held listening parties where he has shown most of the new songs from the album and has shown the track list.

“Yes it’s coming out! I’m so excited” says sophomore Brain Lall. 

Despite Kanye entering the spotlight again, many do not think that he will release his new album. Due to Kanye’s track record, the album is probably never coming ever. Only time will tell if this album will ever see the light of day.

View Comments (1)